*Disclaimer* I mean no disrespect to anyone mentioned in my posts or friends/family of the people involved. Any information used in my blogs is found on the internet or in books, and then compiled together for my posts. I do not claim the information in my post to be 100% accurate.


Happy New Year!

| On
January 01, 2020

It's 2020!?

Happy New Year everyone!


First things first, where did 2019 go?! 

This year has had its fair share of ups and downs for me. At the start of the year, I created Frantasmagoria after months of debating the content I wanted to create. As a result, I’ve become part of an amazing community and have over 4,000 awesome followers on twitter! 💛

In September 2019 I married my best friend and love of my life. Everything was perfect! The sun was shining, everyone had a great time, and even though it flew by I had a fantastic day with my husband and loved ones. I don't think I have smiled so much in my life!

Confetti Throw
The confetti throw at our wedding!
For our honeymoon, we crossed Canada off of our bucket list! We visited Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Vancouver, and Whistler. We both loved seeing the epic mountains and National Parks, getting a rare glimpse of Canadian wildlife, and eating lots of food! After months of watching what I ate it was lovely just enjoy myself. (Maybe a bit too much mind you...)

Banff to Jasper Trip
This photo was taken by myself while we were traveling through Canada.
As happy as 2019 was for our family, we did have our fair share of bad news. My husband lost his uncle before our wedding day which shattered everyone. Then after our honeymoon, both my husband and I were told we were facing redundancy. It was overwhelming, to say the least.

Things got too overwhelming for me, which meant I had some time away from my blog to focus on organising my life.

Since then my husbands' job was saved, and I have found a new job in recruitment. So, each cloud has a silver lining. 😊I am still a little overwhelmed but 2020 is a new year, which means another year of opportunities!

My plan for 2020!


I told myself I was not going to give myself any resolutions going into 2020, as I never accomplish them! I put too much pressure on myself doing it, so I have a shortlist of things I want to achieve.
  1. Start creating content again 
  2. Try to read at least one book a month this year
  3. Decorate our home
  4. Become more active and go on more walks
  5. Take more photographs
  6. Learn to drive! (Already on it.)
I know I have been quiet for the last few months, but I am back now! I look forward to creating more content for you all this year! 

What do you hope to achieve this year? Do you have any specific goals or resolutions? Please share them with me in the comments! 😀
3 comments on "Happy New Year!"
  1. Great goals for 2020 wishing you the best x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear things are looking up after a tough time, you look amazing on your wedding day!! And your photos from Canada are beautiful! Those are some good goals which aren't too much pressure on you, I'd like to expand my illustration business this year :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your wedding and marriage! You both look so happy! And your dress is stunning! And that's so cool that you got to explore Canada! I've always wanted to go and from your picture, it looks gorgeous! I totally get you about resolutions, but those are some great goals for 2020. I have to say, I miss your posts, so selfishly, I hope you start with that one ;) My goal for this year is to stand up for myself aka no more bullsh*t! I'm too timid and let things slide, but not anymore! Let's see how it goes in 2020!

    Emily | https://www.thatweirdgirllife.com

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature