*Disclaimer* I mean no disrespect to anyone mentioned in my posts or friends/family of the people involved. Any information used in my blogs is found on the internet or in books, and then compiled together for my posts. I do not claim the information in my post to be 100% accurate.


My Microblading Experience | Part 1

| On
February 05, 2019

What is Microblading


Microblading is a popular beauty procedure that involves tattooing the eyebrows with semi-permanent ink to add more shape and create a natural look. The microblading is done using 10 - 12 small blades in a pen-shaped holder, and it creates natural looking hair strokes in the eyebrow. 

The microblading process is bespoke to each person that is undergoing the procedure, as the artist will make measurements to ensure they create the perfect brows for each face shape. 

Why am I having it done?


This is an old photograph but it shows my large and bold brows.
Back in the '90s when I was a young girl it was fashionable to over pluck your eyebrows and make them super thin. As a result, my eyebrows are thin, have little to no shape, and I despise filling them in. 

The reason why I hate filling them in is that I am garbage at it. That is literally it! I used to make them way too big. Seriously... It became a running joke at my previous job. I would laugh along because looking back I was just so terrible at it. However, as time went on I became lazy with them and don't bother too often. I always make them too dark and they never end up natural looking.

So, I figured since I am getting married in September I would like to have more shape and have natural looking brows that don't need much any work.

How am I feeling before I get it done?


If I am being completely honest I am a bit anxious about it. Naturally, I have been watching YouTube videos and reading articles online, which was both good and bad. A lot of people say it was a great experience with no pain, and others that it was awful and the results were disappointing. I also checked out how they looked after the healing process is complete, as it can be misleading when you see the before and after pictures online.

The things that I worry about the most after watching the videos are discolouration, infection, and them looking worse than they did before. If that's even possible! 😂I also have very oily skin so I am a bit worried about that, as it could make the healing process difficult. 😓

Even though I am scared and have read good and bad things about it I am still excited to have it done. I have been playing with the idea for ages, and I just bit the bullet eventually and booked in. I've been busy reading reviews and looking at the images on the artists' website I have chosen, which adds to the excitement!

Have any of you guys had this done? How did it go for you and were you happy with the results? Please let me know in the comments because I am really curious! I will update you guys after I've had it done. 😀

You can read part two of this series here. Thanks for reading! 
12 comments on "My Microblading Experience | Part 1"
  1. I feel where you're coming from. I want to get mine done because I pretty much only have half eyebrows naturally, and I can never draw them on without them looking weird. I will probably get it done eventually. But I hope it goes well for you and that they turn out the way that you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Filling in my eyebrows everyday is so annoying, and in a morning that's the last thing I want to be doing haha. I am excited to see how it goes, and I plan to share the healing process too!

      Thank you for commenting.

      Fran x

      Delete
  2. I've been looking into having this done myself! Like you, I over plucked (and then some more) in the 90's. I can't ever seem to get it right when I fill the brows in myself (always uneven) and when I go to the salon to get my brows done, the dye washes off too quickly. I'll be interested to see if you go ahead with this xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 90's ruined so many brows, haha. I always end up messing them up when I fill them, and it reminds me of when I used to do winged eyeliner. They always end up huge!

      I'll be updating after I have had them done to share the healing process and the stages they go through. :)

      Thank you for commenting!

      Fran x

      Delete
  3. My sister got her's done a long time ago, and they looked great after healing. She got her's done because her eyebrows are almost white and so thin she looked like she had no eyebrows.
    Only thing to note (but keep in mind this was ten years ago when she got them done) is that when she had had them around five years and the color was fading she did have a couple of months where they looked almost orange.
    I'm sure your's will look awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great treatment if you are self conscious about your brows or need that added shape. I am definitely excited to see how they look on my face, as they look great on people I know and seen online!

      Oh yeah, I have heard about the orange colour when they fade. I'll be asking about that when I go for my appointment. Thank you for reminding me. :)

      Thanks so much for commenting! I really appreciate it. :D

      Fran x

      Delete
  4. I hope everything works out for you! I think that microblading usually looks excellent, and I know several people who have had it done. Best of luck to you, and congrats on your upcoming wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed it goes well! I will definitely be posting an update after I have had them done.

      Thank you so much for your comment! You're very sweet :)

      Fran x

      Delete
  5. I have to fill my brows in daily from 90s over plucking, they have never fully grown back, �� I've always been curious as to microblading so I'll be following your journey! Hope it goes well! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I’ll definitely be updating when it’s been done. 😊

      Fran x

      Delete
  6. I haven't had it done, but I'm assuming some basic tattoo care during healing could carry over in this case - avoid any products, especially in the beginning, besides a mild soap - which means if you're washing your face (oily skin, you likely do this regularly) make sure that NONE of it touches your brows or it can fade or cause discoloration. Also, don't 'scrub' if you are cleaning the area, just pat clean.
    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The aftercare scares me because I don’t wanna screw it up haha. I really appreciate the tips! 😊

      Fran x

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature