*Disclaimer* I mean no disrespect to anyone mentioned in my posts or friends/family of the people involved. Any information used in my blogs is found on the internet or in books, and then compiled together for my posts. I do not claim the information in my post to be 100% accurate.


Netflix and Kill | True Crime Shows I Recommend

| On
March 13, 2019

The Staircase


This Netflix show follows the author Michael Peterson as he was put on trial for the murder of his wife Kathleen. Even though Micheal insists she fell down the stairs and reported the accident himself, he becomes their number one suspect. 

We then follow him as he goes through his trial, and you see the impact it had on both him and his family. It was an emotional rollercoaster for me. I was so angry, disappointed, and I even cried. A lot. It was hard to watch sometimes, especially when his wife's sisters started to attack him for his sexuality and even using his fictional work against him. 

I don't want to ruin anything for anyone because I know some may not have watched it yet, but I highly recommend it if you enjoy this kind of thing. I for one enjoyed seeing the trial and the evidence being presented. It was upsetting to watch at times, but I think it's a normal reaction considering his circumstances.

Abducted in Plain Sight


This was absolutely unbelievable to watch. I put this on randomly and I had no idea what to expect. It's another show I would highly recommend because it gives you a real insight into the lengths some people will go to when they want something or someone. 

This show is about a family that is manipulated by a neighbour they think is their friend. What is the reason for this manipulation you might ask? Their daughter Jan. The neighbour was called Robert Berchtold and he took a liking to Jan when she was a young girl. His manipulation wasn't limited to Jan, as he would also sink his claws into her parents to get closer to her.

This has to be one of the craziest shows I have watched. It involves not one but two abductions, a mission to save an alien planet, threats, and affairs. It's crazy to watch and you won't believe what you are hearing. Trust me when I say this is shocking.

Murder Mountain


I watched this one with Ryan and we both enjoyed it. Ryan doesn't like watching anything about crime or murder, but he is interested in documentaries about the war on drugs. So, you could say this was a mix of the two and a good compromise. We really struggle to find things we'd both like to watch.

The show starts by telling you about Humboldt County, the marijuana industry, and the numerous missing person cases in the area. Throughout the series, they focus on the missing person case of Garret Rodriquez and how the investigation unraveled. You see interviews with his family, the 'outlaws' that live on Murder Mountain, Humboldt police, and the farmers that grow marijuana legally or illegally.

Again this show was frustrating because of the police and their negligence when it came to following leads for Garret's case. If you have seen it you know what I mean, but I'd recommend you check it out if you haven't yet!

Final Thoughts


I am thrilled that more and more true crime shows are becoming available on Netflix. It's great for someone like me that can't get enough of it! 

Have you watched any of these yourself? If so, what did you think? Or have you watched something recently that you thought was great? Let me know in the comments! 😊
28 comments on "Netflix and Kill | True Crime Shows I Recommend"
  1. I’ve watched The Staircase, I’m still undecided on whether I think he’s guilty or not! I didn’t think he was then saw other information online and now I don’t know what to think. I’m definitely going to watch Abducted in Plain Sight soon as I’ve been meaning to, and I haven’t heard of Murder Mountain but it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure either. I am leaning towards thinking he didn't do it, but now you've mentioned it I may look at more! :)

      Delete
  2. I haven’t seen murder mountain yet, I’ll add this to my playlist! Thank you haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Thank you for commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. I've still got The Staircase on my to be watched list! I need to start watching it!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good watch, and I binge watched it pretty quickly haha. Let me know what you think! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I've heard a lot recently about Abducted in Plain Sight, and I keep meaning to turn it on and check it out. Thanks for the reminder!
    Britt | http://unapologeticallyyou.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy! You will be shocked haha. Thanks so much for commenting! :)

      Delete
  5. Abducted in Plain sight was so strange....I still have so many questions about it. Murder Mountain was excellent and I'll definitely give your other suggestions a watch!

    http://rues-style.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abducted in Plain Sight was insane. I am still shocked all of that actually happened! Thank you so much for commenting! :)

      Delete
  6. I am so pleased i found your blog. I love true crime programmes, now Tge Staircase is next on my list x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D I think you'll enjoy it, and I'd love to know your thoughts!
      Thank you for stopping by and commenting. :)

      Delete
  7. Interesting blog, my kind of genre. I shall watch these shows and get back to you. Thanks for the list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These all sound really good. I'm a total crime junkie too!

    www.poutineandprada.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  9. Ahhh so happy I came across this post! I am a Netflix addict and needed new crime shows to binge watch. I think I'll start with "Abducted In Plain Sight". Thank you for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Let me know what you think! :) Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  10. I love this!! I am Netflix addicted and had exhausted my list. Abducted in plain sight had my jaw on the floor the whole time, and Murder Mountain was my go to after bed time for babies. So interesting!! Will have to check out the staircase next. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I am glad you enjoyed my post. :) Let me know what you think of The Staircase! Thank you for commenting. :)

      Delete
  11. I’ve watched abducted in plain sight and I was literally glued to the tv!! What a strange story like nothing made sense!! I love a good murder documentary! Will have to watch the others!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was insane wasn't it! I was gobsmacked. I am a huge fan of crime documentaries, and always on the lookout for more. Glad you enjoyed my post! Thank you for commenting. :)

      Delete
  12. Really enjoyed reading this! Have only watched The Staircase and thought it was brilliant. I think for me it was about the fact that there's no way that guilt was proved beyond reasonable doubt and that makes him not guilty. I've seen a lot of stuff online too and I think most of it is pretty irrelevant and just conjecture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I enjoyed watching staircase so much, but I think he didn't do it myself. Like you said they couldn't prove he was guilty without reasonable doubt, but everyone will have their theories! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  13. I subscribed Nutflix at first to watch Marie Kondo's cleaning show and my friend recommended me to watch Sherlock last week and I'm hooked into all the crime shows on Netflix.

    My only complain is that some of the shows are not available in Japan. Like why?

    nurulrasya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I know what you mean. I think America gets a lot of things other countries don't. I've seen American Netflix have shows/movies that even the UK one doesn't, but a lot of countries are worse off than we are. I hope they add more for Japan! Thank you so much for commenting. :)

      Delete
  14. I enjoy true crime shows but haven't watched any of the obes available on Netflix. The Staircase sounds sounds very interesting! Thanks for sharing your list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Someone had recommended 'Abducted in Plain Sight'but he didn't explain what it was about. I'm definitely going to watch it now - it sounds really intriguing! Thank you for the suggestions - I'm rubbish at finding TV shows to watch! xxx

    Ashley
    https://lellalee.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Abducted in Plain Sight" is definitely one of the most absorbing shows that you can find on Netflix I watched it on a single breath.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature